from start to finish, we've got you covered.
Let's turn your idea into a business.
Building Your Business from the Ground Up
Let’s turn your idea into a bonafide business. Contend Consulting’s thorough business development approach is broken down into four phases: Analyze, Create, Implement, and Assess.
- ANALYZE. We’ll help you determine whether or not your idea represents a feasible business opportunity. If the conclusion is reached that “no”, the idea does not represent a viable business opportunity, we will help transform and shape your idea into one that makes economic sense.
- CREATE. We’ll establish a formal business plan. Having a detailed roadmap outlining the steps necessary to create a successful business helps keep an owner focused on making the best decisions. A Contend business plan is that roadmap. The components of your business plan include: an executive summary, company description, product/service description, marketing plan, operational plan, management and organization plan, and a financial plan.
- IMPLEMENT. This phase involves taking your business plan and putting it into action. This is where things get exciting as you see your creation take shape and begin to bear fruit, which is quite satisfying.
- ASSESS. We’ll take a look at how things are going. How are things progressing? Is your business moving forward in health? Do we need to readjust or redirect anything? We’ll look at four categories: finances, process, customer and employee.
Identifying and Solving Business Problems
Do you know something’s not quite right in your business but you just can’t put your finger on it? Do you know what the problem is but are unable to develop a solution to solve it? Do you need help developing a strategy and putting it into motion? At Contend Consulting, we were born to solve business problems. Our Business Consulting process is similar to our Business Development plan. We will help you identify, define, diagnose and solve the problems in your business that are keeping you up at night.
- ANALYZE. Gathering data, conducting research and diving into the facts and figures may sound boring to you, but it is what Contend was born to do. We’ll sort through all of the details and data around your particular industry and business. You will be amazed when you see the problems the ANALYZE phase exposes.
- IMPROVE. Now that we can see the trouble spots, let’s develop a plan for each area and IMPROVE them. This will come naturally to you because, as a pro athlete, you know how to solve problems. We’ll create Best Case, Expected Case and Worst Case scenarios and select the opportunities that make the most economic sense. Your business is important. This is not a time to “wing it”. Let’s develop a strategy and go after it.
- IMPLEMENT. It’s time for action. As you well know, a plan doesn’t work unless you actually IMPLEMENT it. Transformation in your business will occur when you put the strategies into action.
- ASSESS. Let’s use key performance indicators to ASSESS the progress of the strategies we’ve created and implemented. Are the strategies producing results? If not, we reevaluate the factors that are holding your business back, and improve upon them. This process is broken down into four categories: finances, process, customer and employee.
We were born to solve business problems.
reverse the trend of negative pro athlete investment stories.
The True-Match™ System
Revolutionizing the Investment Process
There are too many recent headlines of athletes losing all of their hard-earned money to unwise investments. Our True-Match™ System will help reverse this trend.
Each of Contend’s clients is a unique individual with varied expectations and desires regarding risk, profit, time constraints, and areas of interest. It is our job to find a secure place for you to exist successfully in the business-ownership world. We call our system the True-Match™ System because that’s what we desire for our clients: a true match to your investment passions and purpose.
Our system begins with you, the client. Before all else, Contend is in the business of building relationships and trust. We get to know each of our clients to better understand your unique goals across a wide range of dimensions. We then develop a client profile that scores each of your needs and desires in a way that makes it easier for us to find a match for you. Our system allows us to filter out the markets, partners, and other factors deemed a poor fit, allowing us to focus on the opportunities that will provide the highest level of success for you.
We have developed what Contend calls the “Five Pillars of a Great Investment”. They are: great partnerships, great market, great product/service, great strategy, and great financials. We believe that these five categories are of the utmost importance when analyzing an investment opportunity. Does an investment need to have all these variables perfectly solved? Not necessarily. But utilizing the True-Match™ System, we’ll be able to help you claim as many of those categories as possible. In short, the True-Match™ System removes a lot of the guess-work behind how you should spend your time and money as you develop in business ownership.